by DineOut Restaurant
24 Sep, 2018
Paneer Butter Masala is indeed one of the best companions for naan and chapatti. We all relish over its soft and creamy texture which is totally irresistible and tantalizing. The perfect combination of creaminess and pizzazz in its gravy compel us to savor it all the time. And not to forget its aroma which captivates you from quite a long distance.
Cooking a restaurant style Paneer Butter Masala is not so daunting. Here is our secret recipe for Paneer Butter Masala straight from the kitchen of DineOut Restaurant. Give it a shot at home and take the delight of this creamy dish at your home only.
Restaurant style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
Course - Main Course
- Cuisine - North Indian
- Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
- Serving - 4
- Measurement - 1 cup = 250 ml
The key ingredient- a Key ingredient of Paneer Butter Masala is divided into two parts: one for the gravy and one for the paste.
Here is the separate list:
Key ingredients for Cashew Paste
- 18-20 cashew
- 2 cup warm water for soaking
Key ingredients for gravy
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 inch crushed ginger
- 3-4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri mirch powder
- 1 or 2 green chills ( quantity can be changed as per your choice
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri methi
- 250 grams Paneer
- 4-5 big sized ripped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon gram masala
- ½ coriander power
- Small pinch of sugar
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 2-3 teaspoon cream
Recipe for making cashew paste
Soak 18-20 cashews in lukewarm water for good 20-30 minutes. Once they are well soaked. Grind it into a smooth paste and keep it aside.
Recipe for gravy
- Take 4-5 big sized tomatoes in a grinder and make it into a smooth paste. No need to blanch them.
- In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter. Once the butter is well-heated. After that, add one bay leave to the butter and fry till nice aroma comes out.
- Add crushed ginger and garlic cloves and let them fry for some time. When it becomes slightly brown, add 1 teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste to it. Now, fry it again till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the tomato paste and till it cooks completely. Make sure that all the water has been evaporated and only a thick paste of tomatoes remains behind. Keep on stirring it in between. Once the paste starts leaving the pan then simmer the gas. Cook it on low flame for two minutes. On an average, it will take 10-12 minutes.
- Once the paste is well cooked, add Kashmiri chili. Cook for one minute and then add cashew paste. Cook until the paste starts leaving the sides of the pan. Keep on stirring in between as cashew paste cooks too fast.
- Now, add 1.5 cups of water to the paste and give it a nice boil.
- Add ½ teaspoon gram masala, ½ coriander powder, salt and sugar as per your taste. Let it boil for another 5 minutes as the gravy will start thickening.
- Once the gravy is all thick add 250 grams of paneer cubes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now, you paneer butter masala is already. Garnish it will kasuri methi and coriander leaves. Put two tablespoons of cream as well.
Paneer Butter Masala is so simple and easy to make the recipe and it relay goes well with all sorts of bread and side dishes. Whether you are a fan of naan or rumali roti, paneer butter masala is an ultimate hit.
Come and try it at Dine Out Restaurant in Lucknow for more advanced version and a wide range of bread and find out how versatile it could be.