by DineOut Restaurant
4 Sep, 2018
There is hardly any home in India where Paneer is not loved. The soft and moist Paneer can be cooked in various styles and manner. No matter in which manner you cook it, the taste is irresistible and highly delectable. That is why all leading Indian vegetarian restaurants have a whole range of dishes of Paneer in their menu. Each one is different from the other and makes you savour it.
Ingredients for Paneer Curry (Paneer Lababdaar)
Note: The ingredients are as per the four servings.
For the gravy:
- 250-gm ripe tomatoes.
- ½ inch chopped ginger (chopped)
- 2-3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 12-15 cashews or Kaju
- 2 cloves
- 1 green cardamom
- ½ water
- 200-gram Paneer or cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoon grated Paneer
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 or 2 slit green chillies (modify the quantity as per your taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri Chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ cup low fat cream
- 1 teaspoon crushed Kasuri methi
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Salt as required
- 1- 1.25 cups water
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon sugar
- One tablespoon chopped coriander leaves and 1 teaspoon cream
- Wash the Paneer and keep it aside.
- Keep the spices handy and ready
Recipe to make the tomato-cashew-spices paste
Well, the first step in Paneer Lababdaar is to make the tomato-chews-spices paste as it is what makes this recipe mouth watering. If this is done with precious then your recipe will turn out as good as a restaurant recipe.
To make it, follow these steps.
- Put a pan on low flame and let it heat for one minute. Once it is heated, put 1.5 cups chopped tomatoes, 12-15 cashews, 2 to 3 chopped garlic cloves, ½ inch chopped ginger, 1 green cardamom, 2 cloves and ½ cup water. Let it boil for some time. Wait for tomatoes to be softened.
- Once all the tomatoes become soft and turn off the flame and it is cool for some time.
- After the mixture is cool, put it in a grinder and form a thick paste.
Recipe to make the gravy for Paneer Lababdaar
- Once your paste is ready, it’s time to make the gravy.
- 2 Take 2 tablespoon butter in a pan or wok and heat it. Once the butter is heated enough, out 1 bay leaf, ½ cup finely chopped onion and wait till onion becomes lightly golden.
- Add the tomato-cashew-spices paste that you made and cook for some time.
- Add ½ teaspoon cumin powder, coriander powder, and red chilli powder. Cook till the time the paste start gathering itself.
- Once the paste starts leaving the oil from sides, add one cup of water and stir continuously. Add 1-2 silt green chillies, salt, and Kashmiri chilli powder. Cook for two minutes.
- Add 200 gm of Paneer and 2 tablespoons grated Paneer as well and it cooks for one minute on low flame.
- Add crushed Kasuri methi and ¼ teaspoon garam masala and ½ cup low-fat cream. Cook for one minute and then switch off the gas.
- Your Paneer Lababdaar is ready. Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and cream.
We believe that how to make Paneer Curry
is not a rocket science for you anymore. But, when you are running out of time and still want to relish over the irresistible taste of Paneer Lababdaar then come to DineOut Restaurant
and gratify your taste buds.