by DineOut Restaurant
26 Oct, 2018
There is no hidden secret that Shahi Paneer is the first love of every vegetarian. This creamy and delicious dish has all the power to increase our appetite for two folds. Not a single vegetarian will ever deny an extra serving of Shahi Paneer. As its name suggests, it is a royal treat to the people. The Kaju and cream filled gravy is extravagant by all means.
If you also want to know how to prepare a restaurant like lip-smacking Shahi Paneer at home, here is our delicious recipe straight from our master chef kitchen. DineOut Restaurant in Lucknow is one of the best pure vegetarian restaurants in the capital city of Uttar Pradesh, where our customers love our recipe. Try it out home and serve with love.
Recipe of Shahi Paneer (4 servings)
Main ingredients for the paste
- One finely chopped onion
- 8-10 cashew
- 1 tbs finely chopped almond.
- 1 tbsp melon seeds
- 3-4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1-inch finely chopped ginger.
Key ingredients for gravy
- 250 gms paneer or cottage cheese.
- 1 cup vegetable stock.
- 1 teaspoon dhaniya powder.
- ½ cup low-fat curd.
- ½ teaspoon chili powder.
- ¼ turmeric powder.
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder.
- A pinch of saffron.
- 1 or 2 drops of keveda.
- 2-3 tbs of cream for garnishing.
- Salt and sugar as per taste.
- Oil and ghee as per requirement.
Dry spices to be used in Shahi Paneer
- 1 bay led.
- 2-3 cloves.
- 3-4 green cardamom.
- 1-2 black cardamom .
- 1-inch cinnamon
Preparation for the Shahi Paneer
- Start the preparation of creamy Shahi Paneer by boiling onion, cashew, almond, melon seeds, ginger, and garlic in 2 cup water for 6-8 minutes till the time onion becomes soft. Once the boiling is complete, drain out the water and keep it aside. Make a thick paste of all the boiled ingredients and keep it aside as well.
- Soak the paneer in fresh water for some time and drain out the water.
Method to prepare Shahi Paneer
- Put 2 tbs oil in a pan and wait till it becomes hot. Upon heating add fry all the dry spiced for 1-2 minute till the aroma start coming out.
- Add finely chopped onion and sauté for some time. When the onions become brown, put the dry fruit paste that we made. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes and wait for oil to come out.
- When oil starts coming out from the corner, add the garam masala, coriander powder, and chili powder in it, and fry for few seconds. Don’t put the salt at this stage.
- Slowly add whisked curd and stir continuously. After a few seconds, add the stock and 1 cup water as well. Keep on stirring. Put the gas on the sim and let it cook for 10-15 minutes. Wait till the gravy becomes thick.
- Now, add the cardamom powder and saffron as well. Add salt and sugar at this stage.
- Add the well-drained paneer at this stage and let the gravy cook for 5-6 minutes. Don’t overcook else your paneer will be crumbled inside the gravy. Add 1-2 drops of keveda as well. Add the well-drained paneer at this stage and let the gravy cook for 5-6 minutes. Don’t overcook else your paneer will be crumbled inside the gravy. Add 1-2 drops of keveda as well.
- Shahi Paneer is ready. Serve it in a bowl and garnish with cream and fresh coriander leaves.
Some Tips to Make It More Sumptuous
- You can add cream to the gravy as per preferences.
- Avoid adding salt just after the curd as it will make lumps in the curd. Add it later.
- You can also add fresh malai to make it extra rich.
Enjoy this Muglai Delight at Dine Out as well and relish over its extra creaminess and deliciousness. Made by our experienced master chefs, our Shahi Paneer is the best way to calm down your appetite with flavor and taste.